Since 2012, Dr. Ramesh Sachdeva has served as the director of the American Academy of Pediatrics’ Department of Subspecialty Pediatrics. To remain apprised of professional developments, Dr. Ramesh Sachdeva maintains active membership with several professional organizations, including the American College of Critical Care Medicine (ACCM), of which he is a Fellow.
ACCM Fellows have demonstrated noteworthy contributions in their field at a state, regional, or national level. Each year, applicants submit supporting documentation to prove they qualify for fellowship. The ACCM’s Credentials Committee reviews each potential Fellow’s application. Those who do not qualify receive feedback so they may apply again at another time.
Each applicant must meet specific requirements, including the following:
- Be active within the Society of Critical Care Management for at least two years.
- Hold licensure to practice medicine in the United States or Canada. For those applying as a physician member, they must hold certification from the U.S.
- Contribute significantly to the three areas of leadership, program development, and scholarly contributions.
- Receive sponsorship from at least two people, one of which must be an active ACCM Fellow.
- Devote at least half of his or her time to critical care for at least two years.
DR. RAMESH SACHDEVA - AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS EXECUTIVE LEADER